Last Tangtong Gyalpo Phurbas…
June 17, 2013
Sacred Chöd Implements Made Strictly According to Tantric Tradition
Vajrayana and Chöd require sacred implements made according to ancient tantric science. Their powerful energetic and spiritual effects dramatically improve our practice, meditative experience, and ability to benefit others. And supporting their creatures assures that the spiritual science of tantric India and Tibet will not be forever lost.
The qualities of DamaruWorks drums include these essential points:
- Made by a practicing yogi in Bhutan to highest level of craftsmanship, and made according to sacred prescription.
- Made from 200-year old SengDeng (Acacia species) trees culled from the virgin forests of Bhutan, cut during winter and seasoned for the right length of time
- Trinpak skins, not painted, but natural coloring; buried for several weeks with mineral salts and herbs according to terma tradition
- Metal ring and shell ring as prescribed by textual sources
- Sacred mantras in gold, with male mantras on one side (with white background) and female mantras (with red background)according to the MaChik tradition
- 108 human skull powder within the beaters
- Exquisite sound, beautifully finished woods
- An inconceivably powerful conduit of the blessings of the lineage of Chod
- Excellent weighting, very easy to play
Our unique wood kangling follow an ancient tradition as well;
- SengDeng (wood) kangling; extremely sturdy, safe for travel.
- beautifully resonant sound and very easy to play, compared to bone
Please fellow practitioners:Do not use toy tourist damarus from Nepal if you are serious our lineage! Support the true traditions of Dharma, not the McDonalds of Chod!
Chod Damaru: Outer & Inner Beauty
- There is a profound esoteric science behind each detail of these sacred implements.
- Damaru skins, wood, inner mantras, beaters, and so on, each have specific vibrational and spiritual purpose.
- The Cho damaru acts as a conduit, a vortex that opens the practitioner up to a profound blessing stream, coming form the yidams, protectors, and lineage masters of Chod.
- It also broadcasts our compassionate activity of benefiting beings in all realms of samsaric suffering.
DamaruWorks is the ONLY source of this surviving tantric science, stretching back at least 1,000 years. According to MaChik and all great masters and Tertons of the Chod tradition, without the proper implements, we cannot perform the essential cutting through to essential reality, cutting through of obstacles, and cutting through delusion and elemental distortion. This is the essence of Vajrayana!
The profound path of Vajrayana is able to overcome obstacles in our day-to-day lives and to uncover and rediscover our own pristine, unfabricated Wisdom Mind. This allows us to help others in unfathomable ways. Through transforming our physical and energetic bodies, karmic patterns, sensory experience and reactive mind, we can come to dwell in the basic matrix of consciousness, the stratum from while all experience arises.
The great beings of the past developed a wide variety of skillfull means to guide us towards full this realization. Transmitted from Wisdom mind through an unbroken lineage of living masters is has reached our present day. Vast, profound, sometimes complex, the intricate detail of the sadhana, visualizations, mantra and mudras, are the container that keeps the living dharma intact and free of contamination or distortion.
Sacred Chod Damaru
An essential part of this matrix of practice is the spectrum of unique sacred tantric implements used daily in Vajrayana practice. Their nature is both practical and symbolic; They perform energetic functions that directly impact the fabric of experience and phenomena. In fabricating sacred implements like the damaru, the form, proportions and materials are a matter of exacting specifications. In this time of extreme challenge, we need an impeccable approach to our dharma practice. By guarding our tradition and sacred intentions, this can be a time, not of shadow, but of transformation.
Preserving the Chod Tradition
Since the diaspora from Tibet and the fracturing of the population and culture, there has been a dramatic degradation of the level of the sacred objects, including the Chod damaru. Shoddy and inauthentic instruments simply cannot be a conduit for the powerful energies required for our successful practice. Fortunately, the texts describing the proper qualities and characteristics of these items still exist and, more importantly, a few rare craftsmen have kept the secret traditions of how to create a genuine damaru intact. However, Until now, few Westerners have been exposed to these quality materials so that the difference can be discerned. Now, for the firs time, authentic Chod damaru are available, created according to highest ancient traditions.