Sacred Chod Damaru
Zabshing, Sengdeng, Charnel Ground and Flaming Skull!
Right now we only have a couple damaru remaining by our Bhutanese artisan according to sacred tradition! CLICK TO ENTER THE GALLERY. If you wish one of the damaru types below, you can place a custom order!
TangTong Gylapo Iron Phurba
- These exquisite solid iron activity phurbas are made from Tang Tong Gyalpos’s terma iron.
- In limited supply, these are available in small, medium or large size with custom copper case.
- Confirmation carbon-dated to the 15th century.
- Contact us directly for more details regarding background, availability and price.
3. RITUAL BONE
Kapala: Human Skullcup
- From Eastern Bhutan tribes, from devoted Buddhist people who permit their bone relics to be used by practitioners; Taken during the Chod sky burial rite.
Skull Damaru: Male-Female
- Made according to correct tantric, vajrayana tradition by a Nyingma yogi.
- Two skulls: Male and female with respective yidam mantras in gold.
- Brocade strap and high quality case and tail.
Thigh Bone Kangling
- Buddhist bone source, both male and female human kangling available;
- Custom cases, treated with beeswax as a moisture barrier.
- Mde from 100 DIFFERENT SKULLS for wrathful practices, such as Phurba, Troma, etc.
Implements in the Tantric Tradition
Vajrayana and Chöd require sacred implements made according to ancient tantric science. Their powerful energetic and spiritual effects dramatically improve our practice, meditative experience, and ability to benefit others. And supporting their creation assures that the spiritual science of tantric India and Tibet will not be lost.
Chod Damaru: Outer & Inner Beauty
The qualities of DamaruWorks drums include these essential points:
- Made by a practicing yogi in Bhutan to highest level of craftsmanship, and made according to sacred prescription.
- Made from 200-year old SengDeng (Acacia species) trees culled from the virgin forests of Bhutan, cut during winter and seasoned for the right length of time
- Trinpak skins, not painted, but natural coloring; buried for several weeks with mineral salts and herbs according to terma tradition
- Metal ring and shell ring as prescribed by textual sources
- Sacred mantras in gold, with male mantras on one side (with white background) and female mantras (with red background)according to the MaChik tradition
- 108 human skull powder within the beaters
- Exquisite sound, beautifully finished woods
- An inconceivably powerful conduit of the blessings of the lineage of Chod
- Excellent weighting, very easy to play
Our unique wood kangling follow an ancient tradition as well;
- SengDeng (wood) kangling; extremely sturdy, safe for travel.
- beautifully resonant sound and very easy to play, compared to bone
Please fellow practitioners:Do not use toy tourist damarus from Nepal if you are serious our lineage! Support the true traditions of Dharma, not the McDonalds of Chod!